Day 102 of Campaign Smile was one that had me all over the place. I won’t bore you with the details of where all I went. Here is the important part, the smiles…
1. I passed a middle-age woman who greeted me with a small smile as she said hi to me.
2. In one of the stores I visited I passed one particular employee both on my way in and my way out and he had a smile for me both times. One of the other employees there also caught my eye as I walked around and responded to my smile with his own big grin.
3. As I was walking along later a mother with her two girls was making a direct line for something that took them across my path. After I stopped to allow them to pass so we would not walk into each other she realized what they had nearly done. She offered her thanks for allowing them to pass with a sheepish smile.
4. Again today, as I walked into another store I was greeted by someone working near the door. She smiled and asked me how I was doing. As I talked about yesterday the important thing is that she seemed not to be just saying the words.
5. As I passed a couple later on the man smiled and nodded to me in acknowledgment of my smiling greeting.
6. The last encounter I had was with an older woman who only managed to lift the corners of her mouth in response. Though she did not make it all the way to smiling I know I had a positive impact.