I was a little bit of all over the place for Day 80 of Campaign Smile. I had a little driving to do for the job and then went browsing at several places for some shorts before I get ready to go on vacation at the end of next month and all the retailers in Florida have decided that it’s “winter” and time to bring in long pants, coats, etc. Never get that and I’ve been here for 20 years. Anyway…
1. I visited a job site about an hour north of me for my job. When I got back to town I took up residence at the library again for some studying. New job, ya know. There was this wonderful older woman that I passed when I was leaving had a magnificent smile that lifted her whole face.
2. At lunch the woman taking my order had no smile to give me. She did, however, find one when her friend came in. I take no credit but was still glad to see it. Her whole day seemed to improve by the five-minute visit. That’s the way it can be when we see someone we like.
3. The first store I visited one of the managers was posted near the door and wished me a good day when I left. There was not a lot of mirth in her attitude but we can hope that changed.
4. The second store I went to one of the employees actually smiled at me and greeted me when I walked in which was nice.
5. The third store I didn’t have any contact with an employee or customer until I had reached the back of the store. The gentleman working the changing room area near me was very nice and had a good smile as well.