On this Sunday, the 76th Day of Campaign Smile I was richly rewarded for my efforts to bring more smiles to the world…
1. Before I even made it to the building for my smile campaign stop a gentleman in his car was passing in front and stopped to let me cross before him. When he did so, he attached a smile to his go-ahead gesture.
2. I passed an older couple inside and the man just stared right through me. I found it rather amusing and certainly did not stop my smiling as he kept his stare locked on me while walking near enough that our shoulders almost touched.
3. Another man, this one younger with a full beard, returned my smile. He was hesitant at first but watched me long enough as I approached that he relaxed, I guess.
4. When I entered the checkout line the woman in front of me was sharing a great smile with everyone around her. I appreciated it even more because it probably was, along with mine, adding even more encouragement for others to smile. That is what I am trying to do. The more people around you that are smiling, the more likely you will feel like smiling. After that, I was not surprised when both the cashier and the gentleman bagging purchases smiled.
5. As I left the checkout to exit the store I encountered one more gentleman. He didn’t show all his teeth and it was not a huge smile. Still, his face did manage to pull itself into that position so I count it. With 5 more smiles today we have a grand total of 246 now.
GetBlogs Blog DirectoryFree RSS Feeds DirectoryFeedbase
DreamHost reviewsFree Web Log DirectoryRanking Blogs