Well, my campaign stop on Day 75 of Campaign Smile was a lot more rewarding in the immediate sense than the last 2 days had been. Maybe it was because it was Saturday but everyone seemed to be in a much better mood overall…
1. As I left my car headed toward the building I saw a truck in the parking lot with a HUGE dog sitting calmly in the back. I was thinking, “now that’s what I call an alarm system,” and smiling at my own little joke when I saw the truck and dog’s owners approaching. I could see them from several rows over smiling and laughing out loud at me smiling and staring at their “alarm system.” It made me smile even more.
2. When I walked in, one of the employees was near the door and said hi to me but offered no smile.
3. A second employee was passing me as I walked through the aisles and I was able to enjoy the sight of her rapidly expanding smile in response to mine when we passed. It was a great smile that covered her entire face.
4. An older employee saw me smiling a short time later and asked me how it was going. He also asked me if I was finding what I needed. Though he did not smile his expression and demeanor were very friendly and I was reminded of what I have learned about people being more willing to help someone who is smiling than someone who is not.
5. The cashier finished the smile campaign stop with a beautiful little smile of her own.
I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience and feel like I made an impression on those around me. Now they just have to pass it along and share the joy. The 4 smiles today bring the total for Campaign Smile to 241!
GetBlogs Blog DirectoryFree RSS Feeds DirectoryFeedbase
DreamHost reviewsFree Web Log DirectoryRanking Blogs