Today the James Dean Contest has brought 1 more smile to the campaign which is awesome! (Have you entered yet?) In addition to that, my campaign stop on Day 55 of Campaign Smile was unexpectedly full of interactions. I thought a quick stop at the grocery store for a Sunday ice cream treat would be relatively uneventful but there were a lot more people there at that time than I anticipated.
1. As I entered the store I passed a tall young man who responded to my smile with a closed-lip smile of his own.
2. Walking down the dairy aisle I passed a man wearing a shirt that said “Dad.” He had a relatively unhappy expression on his face that did not change as he simply stared at me trying to discern what was so great to have me smiling freely. I don’t know if his Father’s Day didn’t go well or what but hopefully his mood improved after that.
3. One of the sales associates was working on an end cap display as I walked by. She greeted me with a generous smile in return for mine.
4. Immediately after I passed that woman another associate walked past me in the aisle and also smiled warmly.
5. The woman running the register was very efficient in the process and nice enough but had no smile to spare for me. I imagine it was mostly related to the proximity of closing time and the end of her shift. That and/or the smile certainly improved things for her, I think.
6. As I neared the automatic doors at the exit there was another young woman approaching from the outside. She stopped to allow me to pass before entering herself. As our eyes met she flashed a great smile to match mine.
7. When I was nearly to my car another gentleman who had just stepped out of his car and was walking toward the store smiled at me as well.
With 1 smile from the contest and 5 more from the smile campaign stop that brings the total to 182! That means only 999,818 to go.
GetBlogs Blog DirectoryFree RSS Feeds DirectoryFeedbase
DreamHost reviewsFree Web Log DirectoryRanking Blogs