Day 35 of Campaign Smile was a grand one. The results were coming so fast during my campaign stop that I barely had time to write them down. In fact I had to step away from everyone several times and get time to record my results.
1. The first employee I encountered in the store regarded my smile, returned it in kind and said hello to me. Though I think she was surprised at first by my kind gesture with nothing attached she definitely appreciated it when she accepted. I think the results will be great for others she comes into contact with.
2. I approached a family of 6 next. The father and mother were with the cart and the crying toddler in it. As he wailed they both looked stressed and at their wits’ end. Meanwhile, their other sons were lagging behind. One of them, at about ten years old, was studiously “flexing” his muscles and posing. He was having a grand time and smiled to me as I did toward him.
3. A shorter woman rushing past me with a couple of items in her hands ceded me a hurried smile.
4. As I walked down a main aisle a young girl was pushing her younger sibling in the shopping cart, nearly running down the middle of the aisle, dodging people. When her gaze met mine she seemed to return to the reality of what she had been doing. She blushed and smiled.
5. Though she was quite hurried and formal through the whole transaction, the cashier’s face lit up with a terrific smile as she handed me my receipt.
After seeing such different results in the retail workers the past three days it was an even more astonishing outcome to see so many shoppers smiling and enjoying themselves. It gives me new hope for the dawn of a renewed excitement in the retail experience all over again.
Free Web Log Directory